Have you ever wondered how to celebrate a birthday as an adult? If that subject stumps you, read on. I am sharing some ideas for ways to celebrate birthdays for adults!
I am that “birthday month” person who loves birthdays enough to anticipate it for the whole month. It doesn’t have to be my own, but admittedly I do love my own birthday. October happens to be my birthday month, so every week, I will post some sort of birthday content. Starting with adult birthday celebration ideas!
- Try something new –– I tried sushi downtown Chicago on my 20th birthday.
- Go for a road trip –– Explore a town you haven’t been to before, or take a weekend away somewhere you’ve never visited.
- Eat at your favorite restaurant, or request your favorite meal –– Tacos and margs, please!
- Host a game night with friends or family –– Card games, board games, and puzzles are all fun things you can spice up with some appetizers and drinks.
- Have a picnic, in any season –– Make some sandwiches and lay a blanket down at the park, at the beach, or in your living room.
- Go out for ice cream –– Did someone say Dairy Queen s’mores blizzards??
- Bring a cake to another event –– NFL Sunday games? Bring a cake to that tailgate!
- Go shopping with your mom –– Or go shopping with anyone, shopping is always a good idea.
- Create a movie night with a popcorn bar –– Pick your favorite movie, and movie snacks, and invite people over to share with you.
- Get brunch and mimosas –– This is a good one for 21st birthdays. Don’t worry I tested it out for you first.
- Host a holiday themed party –– For example, I’ve had Halloween parties that doubled as birthdays since my birthday is around Halloween.
- Throw someone a surprise party –– Surprise parties can be big, small, themed, or simple… It’s a nice way of showing someone you were thinking of them and they mean a lot to you.
- Bake yourself a cake –– Don’t have plans? Make plans for yourself and celebrate your day by making your favorite cake!
- Host a wine or beer tasting at home –– Enjoy your company and some new beverages. Budget friendly and fun!
- Have a barbecue –– Roasting hot dogs and hamburgers, and hanging out around the grill can be the fun and relaxation you need for your birthday.
- Beach or pool day –– Grab your suit and your favorite snacks and go for a swim.