For the Gals
I don’t know what it is about a simple heart necklace. To me it says “I love/care about you” and I want everyone to know (diamond rings say that too, but not everyone is ready for that yet).
Late one night, I came across a few artist sites that make handcrafted heart necklaces with character. Not the flashy ones you see at Kay or Zales (some of those are nice too), but simpler, unique pieces that show he stepped outside of the box a little.
Let’s face it. Any guy can walk into a jeweler with a price in mind and ask for recommendations. Guys, I want to help you far exceed expectations with these handcrafted and/or personalized necklaces!
Now ladies, the nice thing about these is that they don’t just have to be for girlfriends, wives, or fiancés. I know some of you out there are looking for Galentines Day gifts! Or maybe a little something for your mom, aunt, or grandma. Hear me guys? Let your family members know you’re thinking about them too.
Here are four shop recommendations and links to shop:
- Hey June heart necklaces, for under $30! As adorable and fitting as the Large and Lover heart necklaces are, I think the State Pride necklace is my favorite. It’s more unique than a stereotypical heart necklace. You can order the necklace with more than one state on the chain; your home state and the home state of your significant other! Until January 29th, use code VDAY2020 for 20% off your order!
- Another STATEment necklace idea from Currlo! This one is just as cute, but goes a step further because it also includes a little heard between the states. It’s also half off right now for $22, and comes in gold, silver, and rose gold!
- One shop with tons of unique, personalized Valentine’s Day options is GLDN. They’re a little pricier, but they’re custom made and either gold filled or sterling silver (so they’re less likely to tarnish). But how cute is it to give a bouquet of flowers that doesn’t die! Prices do vary based on the item, starting around $30. Here are my personal favorites, visit gldn.com for more options.
- James Michelle Jewelry has some cute options similar to Hey June. Little heart details, and one you can customize! Starting at $45. You can choose your chain length and metal color, much like the rest of these shops. Great pieces for layering!
For the Guys
Guys are hard for Valentines Day. It’s a holiday very targeted towards doing something or buying something for the women in your life. So what about the guys? Here are my top “gift” ideas.
- Make him a meal. Grab ingredients for an easy, romantic pasta dinner and your favorite wine. Or make him colorful, heart shaped pancakes or red velvet waffles. There are so many ideas, so take to Pinterest! I’ve already started gathering links and recipes for you there. My personal favorite, especially for my friends in dorms—heart shaped quesadillas!
- Valentine’s Day is the perfect holiday for the corny puns! I think those are welcome at any point, but I like puns. Punny candy baskets, pancakes, favorite everyday items, whatever! I shared some ideas for that on Pinterest as well.
As fun as Valentine’s Day is, it is a Hallmark Holiday, so keep things simple. You don’t need to go overboard on spending to make your significant other, galentine, or family member feel loved.
Our plan for Valentine’s Day? Staying in. I’m making heart shaped pancakes in the morning, and he’s grilling me steaks to pair with our cranberry wine for supper.
Whatever you do, have fun with it! Make it memorable, not material.