Part of what’s keeping me sane throughout quarantine is creating new coffee concoctions. You may have already seen my mocha, vanilla latte, cold brew, pumpkin spice latte, and pumpkin cream cold brew recipes over the last few months.
If you didn’t know this, I built my entire revised brand around coffee, so it’s only fitting. Sharing this quick and easy recipe to spice up your sheltered-in-place days.
- Brew 4-6 tbsp of espresso – I prefer stronger, 6-8 tbsp
- Heat 3/4 to 1 cup of milk (2% froths/foams best) in a separate pan until steaming
- Add roughly 2 tbsp of cinnamon-vanilla syrup, or to taste, to milk
- Once milk is steaming, create foam with a handheld frother –– find them on liketoknow.it
- Grab your fav mug & pour in the espresso
- Pour the milk/foam over, top with cinnamon
Cinnamon-vanilla simple syrup recipe
You may be wondering where to get cinnamon-vanilla syrup. I have that recipe too, and chances are you have the ingredients in your cupboard already!
- Pour 1 3/4 cup water, 1 1/2 granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar into a pan on medium to high heat
- Bring the contents to boil
- Turn the stove down, and let simmer for 5 minutes, adding 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- Remove from heat, and stir in 3 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Let the mixture cool
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week
You could also leave out the cinnamon sticks, and just make vanilla syrup––also good!